AIP Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp
This rhubarb strawberry crisp is a very delicious dessert recipe for the spring months. It is gluten free, dairy free, grain free, paleo and AIP friendly.
This gem is one of the first AIP recipes I came up with that were worth going on the blog. 😉 Even though I have done a lot of grain-free baking since July 2016, when I first published this, I am still as obsessed with this recipe as I was before. The original post is below…enjoy. 🙂
AIP Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp
“I mostly stick to fruit instead of having dessert nowadays, which is pretty incredible given the fact that I used to be such a sugar addict back in the days. My friends that have lived with me can attest to that. After following the autoimmune protocol for a month, those cravings completely disappeared and I don’t feel like I miss out on anything. But of course, an occasional dessert is something I do enjoy. The problem was that it was almost impossible to find anything that I could eat that tasted as good as what I used to.
Up until now party people! I was so excited when I came up with this recipe! This is for all my fellow people on an autoimmune diet or people that struggle with food sensitivities. This gem is dairy free, gluten free, grain free, nut free, egg free and has honey instead of sugar. How can this even taste good? I know right? It is almost a miracle 🙂
I have to admit that while I was working on writing down the recipe the other day, I ate the whole thing myself. But it was, of course, all for a good cause, to see how many servings the rhubarb strawberry crisp has 😉 The recipe below is for 6 people because that is how many times I refilled my plate. It is very thin and you will definitely want more. It, therefore, works for 4 people as well.
Ingredients in AIP Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp
- Lemon Juice
- Tapioca Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Sea Salt
- Coconut Oil
Some Tips and Tricks for Great Results
- Let the fruit mix soak in the honey lemon sauce for at least 10 minutes.
- As mentioned above, I don’t really eat a lot of sweet things anymore. So you might want to add a little bit more honey if you like it sweeter.
- It is super easy to make and so delicious. I love to eat it when it is still warm, but I also noticed that the flavors are more intense the day after. If there is still some rhubarb strawberry crisp left 🙂
More Dessert Recipes You May Like
- Delicious Apple Crisp (AIP)
- Grain-free Rhubarb Cake (Paleo)
- Summer Berry Tart (AIP)
- Birthday Berry Cake (Paleo)
- Strawberries and Cream (AIP)
- AIP Rhubarb Strawberry Muffins (AIP)
I cannot wait for you to try this recipe and would love to get your feedback, please leave a comment below. And as always don’t forget to tag me in your food pictures on Instagram.
Rhubarb - Strawberry Crisp
- 3 cups rhubarb diced
- 1 cup organic strawberries diced and ripe
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 3-4 Tbsp honey (for the fruit filling), (use another sweetener for vegans)
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 5 Tbsp coconut flour
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup honey (for the crumbles)
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- Wash and dice rhubarb and strawberries. Place strawberries and rhubarb in a large bowl with lemon juice and honey and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine tapioca flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, salt and stir well. Add honey and coconut oil and mix until crumbs form.
- Add fruit filling to a casserole. Finish up by distributing the crumbles evenly on top.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until the rhubarb is soft and the crumbles are golden brown. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!