Cilantro Kale Beef Patties
These cilantro kale beef patties are so delicious and very easy to make. It is the perfect recipe to double up the portion and save some patties for a quick snack or breakfast. The combination of fresh cilantro, kale and onions makes these beef patties extra special. If you are looking to add more veggies to your diet, this recipe is a great way to “hide” them even for picky eaters.
I wish I could take credit for this recipe but this creation is made by my dear husband. He is very adventurous in the kitchen and loves to surprise me with fancy meals of things he can find in the fridge. Luckily for all of us this delicious recipe was born.
Tips to make the cilantro kale beef patties
- To avoid food borne illnesses use one cutting board specifically to prepare raw meats and never cut veggies and fruits on it. Use one that you can wash and sanitize easily, preferably in the dishwasher.
- Mix the veggies and the meat well for the best outcome.
- The smaller the patties the shorter the cooking time.
- Always try to buy 100% grass fed ground beef, or grass fed and grass finished.
This recipe is done within 15 – 20 minutes and perfect for a quick weekday evening dinner. Pair it up with your favorite veggies, starch or salad and you will have a delicious meal.
These cilantro kale beef patties are a great lunch box meal and they taste delicious cold as well.
For those of you who don’t eat red meat you can substitute the ground beef with ground turkey. As always feel free to experiment with your favorite ingredients.
If you like this recipe share it with your loved ones. Now I would like to hear from you. How did you like these beef patties and do you have any questions? Leave a comment in the section below.
Cilantro Kale Beef Patties
- 1/2 lbs ground beef grass fed
- 5 tbsp shallot or onion about 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- 3 tbsp kale finely chopped
- coconut oil or your cooking oil of choice
- Salt and pepper for additional seasoning (omit pepper on AIP)
- Chop shallots, cilantro and kale into very small pieces. Use a very sharp knife to speed up the process.
- In a medium sized bowl mix ground beef with shallots, cilantro and kale.
- Form 4-6 patties for 2 people.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Cook patties until browned on both sides for about 3 minutes each side. Season both sides with salt and pepper to your liking. Cover with a lid and cook for another 2 minutes or until the patties are cooked through to your liking.
- Shop using my affiliate links
- Buy my cookbook
- Leave a recipe review
- Like & share on Social Media
Add A Comment