Avocado Deviled Eggs
Are you throwing a party and are looking for fun and easy appetizers. Look no further, because avocado deviled eggs are not only cute to look at, they taste amazing too. This recipe only uses 5 ingredients.
How to make avocado deviled eggs step by step
Start off by boiling your eggs for 8-10 minutes for hard boiled eggs. For an easy peeling experience fill a medium bowl with ice cubes and water. Once the eggs are done, put them in there for a couple of minutes until they are cool. To peel the eggs, place them on a straight surface like a cutting board and use a little bit of your body weight to push with your hand onto the egg. Roll it on the surface until the shell of the middle of the egg is cracked. This way it is very easy to removed the shell.
Now slice all the eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out the egg yolk and place it in a small bowl. Add the avocado, lemon juice and mash with a fork until you have a creamy blend. For the best outcome use an immersion blender or a small mixer. Now finally season the creme to your liking. I use salt, pepper and garlic powder but feel free to get creative here, and taste in between for your preferred outcome. Finish up by adding chopped dill, but again you can use your favorite herb or simply omit it. Chives are a great combination for deviled eggs as well.
Now you just have to fill the inside of the eggs with the creme and you will have beautiful avocado deviled eggs. To make it look fancier use a piping bag with your tip of choice. If you don’t have one, no worries. You can also just use a teaspoon to scoop the creme into the egg white.
A little time saving tip for the avocado deviled eggs is to start prepping the other ingredients while the eggs are boiling. Wash and cut the dill, cut the avocado and prepare all the other ingredients that you need.
If you love this recipe check out my healthy egg salad as well.
Avocado Deviled Eggs
- 7 eggs
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, fresh
- 1/4 cup Dill
- Salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- In a small pot bring water to a boil. Boil eggs for 8-10 minutes.
- Put them in a bowl with ice water until cooled off. Peel and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the yolk and place in a small bowl. Add avocado, lemon juice and mash with a fork until creamy. For the best outcome use an immersion blender or a small mixer. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder to your liking. Feel free to add your favorite spices to the mix. Add chopped dill and stir.
- Using a piping bag or a spoon, fill the eggs with the creamy avocado mash. Decorate with dill or your favorite spices.