This kale smoothie will be your new favorite go to smoothies:) It is packed with nutrients and has everything you need. But most of all it tastes so so amazing! I couldn’t believe it. Don’t let the color scare you, it really doesn’t taste like it is half made of kale.
Kale is one of the most nutrient-dense foods you can get your hands on. And who doesn’t need more leafy greens in their diet? Another reason why it is so great is that, if you live in the northern hemisphere of this world like me, you can buy it pretty much all year around locally from your farmers market.
I remember that I used to be pretty clueless about what to do with kale, until I discovered all the different ways to incorporate it into my diet. If you are new to kale this smoothie is the perfect way to ease into it. Check out my kale chips recipe for another super yummy way incorporate more greens into your diet.
For this particular smoothie I am using dinosaur kale (middle) and curly kale (to the right).
If you don’t like vegetable juices and are just starting out with introducing healthier foods into your diet, this superfood smoothie will be a great recipe for you. Let me tell you about all the hidden goodies in this drink.
This kale smoothie features some of the healthiest ingredients:
- Healthy fats such as avocado and coconut oil
- Kale, one of the most nutrient dense foods you can get
- Ginger, which has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
- Lemon, which is rich in vitamin C
Just like all smoothies it tastes best fresh. If you don’t have that much time in the morning, just pour it into an up-cycled mason jar and take it with you to work. That way you already have a jar with you that you can rinse and reuse during the day.
As always feel free to exchange whichever milk option you prefer. I also encourage you to play around with the ingredients to adjust to your taste. Everybody’s palate is different, some like it sweeter some less sweet. If you like this recipe take a look at my raspberry smoothie recipe.
Feel free to add your favorite protein powder to make it a complete meal.
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (no additives, simply water and coconut)
- 3 leaves curly kale
- 2 leaves dinosaur kale
- 1 avocado small (or half a big one)
- 1 banana ripe
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- 1 tsp vanilla (alcohol-free if you are on the AIP)
- Remove the stems of the kale. Roughly, chop the veggies and fruits.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender (liquid ingredients first).
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!