Salmon Mango Salad
Ladies and gentlemen: This fruity Salmon Mango salad creation will blow your mind and is the perfect refreshing and light dish for a hot summer day! Not only does it look amazing with all it’s different colors, it tastes super delicious. And that is not even the best part about it. It is also very healthy, rich in Omega 3 fats and a great post workout meal.
This recipe like many others happened through freestyling in the kitchen 😉 . I was craving ceviche one day, and had just taken advantage of one of those get 5 mangos and pay less offers. I took a look at my fridge and voila.
Some tips for making the salmon mango salad:
If you have a busy schedule then make this dish the day after you had grilled or broiled Salmon. It is a great way to recycle some of that left over fish. It will only take you 5 minutes to make. I usually make double the portions of the protein that I am eating in order to save the rest for a quick salad or wrap the next day or two.
If you haven’t been able to grow a successful cilantro plant (I still haven’t figured out how to keep it alive longer than a few months 🙂 ) then you will be very likely to buy a bunch of cilantro. To keep it fresh longer pour filtered water in a mason jar and store the cilantro in the water in the fridge. Make sure to switch the water every couple of days. With this technique you will be able to keep it fresh for at least a week. But what to do with so much cilantro? Try my favorite Guacamole and my chimichurri recipe the same week as you do this salad. 🙂
This salad tastes best fresh.
I hope you are going to love it as much as I do!
Salmon Mango Salad
- 2 salmon fillets wild caught
- 1 avocado (hass)
- 1 mango small
- 1/2 shallot
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil virgin
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice for the salmon
- sea salt and pepper (omit pepper if you are AIP)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking tray with avocado oil and add salmon with the skin side down. Season with sea salt, pepper and lemon.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through to your liking.
- In the meantime cut, avocado, mango, and shallots and add them to a salad bowl.
- Let salmon cool off for a few minutes and then cut it into small pieces and add them to the bowl.
- Season with vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and add the chopped cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Shop using my affiliate links
- Buy my cookbook
- Leave a recipe review
- Like & share on Social Media
I love mango and this salad is one of my favorites! Perfect for the summer 🙂