Cauliflower Curry Soup
It is that time of the year again. Fall has finally arrived and with its colder days approaching it is the perfect time to indulge in delicious warming meals. Like this cauliflower curry soup. What a great way to get a huge portion of vegetable into your diet.
I always like to look for new ways to get more bone broth into my diet and vegetable soups are a great way to do that. Check out my butternut squash, sweet potato and broccoli leek soup for more inspirations. If you are vegan or vegetarian you can do the same recipe and substitute the bone broth with vegetable broth.
Whenever I make soup I like to freeze 1 or 2 mason jars to always have some soup on hand. Just make sure you leave some headspace to avoid that the glass breaks.
This cauliflower curry soup is very easy to make since there is no complicated and lengthy chopping is involved in this recipe. Your active cooking time is about 15 minutes.
A little word about curry powder:
This recipe is not for those following a strict autoimmune protocol. I have yet to find a curry powder that is nightshade free. Most of them include chili and/or paprika. Curry powder also includes seed-based spices like coriander, cumin, fenugreek, and mustard. Check out this link for a complete list on spices on the autoimmune protocol by Dr. Sarah Ballantyne. A lot of people are able to reintroduce seeds successfully back into their diet and if you are one of them this recipe is for you. For those of you who nightshades are an absolute no-go but seeds are ok, check the notes below the recipe. I came up with a nightshade-free version of curry powder and it tastes pretty good.
If you like this recipe share it with your loved ones. Now I would like to hear from you. How did you like these beef patties and do you have any questions? Leave a comment in the section below.
Cauliflower Curry Soup
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 shallot or half an onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups bone broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 6 tsp curry seasoning see notes for a nightshade free version
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or oil of choice
- salt & pepper
- Peel and cut the shallot and garlic. Wash and cut the cauliflower.
- Heat coconut oil in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Fry shallot and garlic until translucent. Then add the cauliflower and bone broth. Reduce temperature to medium/low and simmer for about 30 minutes or until cauliflower is soft.
- Blend with an immersion blender or in a mixer until smooth.
- Add coconut milk, curry seasoning and salt and pepper to your liking.