Do you miss bread on a grain-free diet? This roti will be your new best friend. It is gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, and AIP friendly. You can use it as a traditional roti or as any other wrap.
This, my friends, is one of those exciting recipes that makes following a grain-free diet so much easier. Anything bread-like seems to be a thing of the past if you follow a Paleo, AIP, or any other grain-free diet. But it doesn’t have to be that way. This grain-free roti recipe is the perfect lifesaver. It is easy to make and only requires 4 ingredients.
When my husband introduced me to roti rolls I was instantly hooked. It quickly became our weekend take-out staple. So embarked on a journey to create a grain-free version.
Ingredients in Grain-free Roti
- Cassava flour: Cassava is a natural grain, gluten, and nut-free root and therefore great for baking for people with food restrictions. When it comes to grain-free flours it is the most similar to wheat flour and therefore much easier to use than other flours.
- Salt: I use Himalayan pink salt or sea salt.
- Water: But not just any water, filtered water. Tap water can be full of contaminants and it is therefore important to use a good water filter. I recommend and use the Berkey filter.
- Olive oil: Whenever you heat up olive oil make sure it is extra virgin olive oil
- When working with grain-free dough you will need to roll it out between two layers of parchment paper otherwise it will stick. Once rolled out remove the top layer, flip the roti into your hand and peel off the other layer.
- Use 2 frying pans to speed up the cooking process.
- Double up the portion of this recipe and save some rotis in your fridge wrapped in the kitchen towel. To warm them up simply add a bit of water on both sides and warm them up in the pan until they are soft again.
Other Bread-ish Recipes
I cannot wait for you to try this roti recipe and would love to get your feedback, please leave a comment below. And as always don’t forget to tag me in your food pictures on Instagram. Are you excited about this but still miss other bread as well? Make sure to get my latest book “ENJOY” featuring grain-free biscuits and a hearty 5 seed bread.