Fluffy Paleo Pancakes
These fluffy paleo pancakes are super delicious and a great and easy option for anyone following a paleo diet or avoiding grains for other reasons. They remind me a bit of wholewheat pancakes taste- wise. But even if you normally eat grains you should give these a try because they are so yummy.
You might ask yourself: ” how can I make pancakes without grains?” The secret ingredient here is green plantains.
Yes, I know very strange. And no, you don’t have to boil them first. Peeling them can be the only challenge. If they are very green and the peel is hard to remove, I usually cut it off with a knife.
Now on to the next main ingredient which is eggs. This recipe is not AIP friendly, but for those of us who can tolerate eggs or were able to reintroduce them successfully, this is a great way to add in all the goodies that these nutrient-dense gems have to offer.
I think in this time and age it is very important to try to eat as much organic as possible, but if you can’t go all organic (yes it can be a bit pricey), eggs, dairy, and meat should be a priority. When buying eggs look for pasture raised eggs. Yes, they are more expensive but you will do everyone a favor including yourself. 🙂
Alright enough about the ingredients, and on to the great news. This recipe is super easy and quick to make. All you need is a blender and you are all set. The batter should have a really great consistency, easy to pour into the pan but not too watery. The end product will be super delicious, fluffy paleo pancakes.
I don’t eat table sugar anymore and limit my general sugar (fruit, honey, etc) intake, therefore I don’t need a lot of extra sweeteners, hence these pancakes are not extremely sweet. Side note, I highly recommend cutting down on sugar, it is incredible how fast your taste buds can change:).
Buuuuuut with that being said, if you like your pancakes super sweet you might want to add more maple syrup or honey into the batter.
I love these pancakes plain, with maple syrup and bananas and my personal favorite is a mix of strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. But any topping will work.
A little tip for time-saving:
If you use two frying pans at the same time you can speed up the process and these delicious fluffy paleo pancakes will be ready within 15 minutes!
This is the perfect recipe for Sunday brunch with your friends, family, your loved one or all by yourself.
Happy cooking and I hope you will love these fluffy paleo pancakes as much as I do. If you like this recipe give my blueberry lemon pancakes and my crispy paleo waffles a try.
Fluffy Paleo Pancakes
- 2 green plantains approx. 2.25 cups
- 4 pasture raised eggs
- 4 tsp maple syrup or honey (use more if you like your pancakes very sweet)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch sea salt
- coconut oil for cooking
- Peel and cut the plantains into small pieces. Use a knife to cut the peel off if it is hard to remove.
- Place plantains, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, coconut oil, sea salt, and baking soda last into a blender. Blend until the batter is smooth.
- Heat coconut oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Pour a scoop of the batter into the pan. (The amount will vary depending on if you like your pancakes, small, big, thick or thin)
- Reduce temperature to medium-low and cook the pancakes until till they are firm enough to flip (approx. 2 minutes), then flip the pancakes and cook the other side until they are cooked through. Tip: To speed up the process use 2 frying pans simultaneously.
- Enjoy with berries, maple syrup and bananas or your topping of choice.