Rosemary Garlic Roasted Butternut Squash
This delicious rosemary garlic roasted butternut squash recipe is the perfect side dish for a fall/holiday meal. It is Paleo, AIP, and dairy free.
- 1 small/medium butternut squash (approximately 5 cups)
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (add more if you like it oilier)
- 1 large clove garlic (or 2 small cloves)
- 3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- sea salt and pepper (omit pepper on the AIP)
Cut and peel the butternut squash using a sharp knife. Scoop out the insides containing the seeds with a spoon. Cut the butternut squash into 1/2 inch cubes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place butternut squash evenly on a baking sheet and add olive oil. All cubes should be slightly covered. Add more oil if necessary.
Season with fresh rosemary, sea salt and pepper, and fresh minced garlic. Give it a quick toss to make sure all cubes are evenly covered.
Roast for approximately 30 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown. After 15 minutes of cooking toss the butternut squash. Add additional oil if the squash is sticking too much to the baking sheet. Season with salt to your liking.