Tuna Apple Dip
This tuna apple dip is the perfect healthy snack. It is not only delicious but also dairy and gluten free, paleo and AIP friendly.
- 1 cup tuna 6oz. (packed in water or olive oil)
- 1 cup coconut yogurt (without additives, see note below)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/4 apple (or half and apple )
- himalayan pink salt
- pepper (omit on AIP)
- Parsley or Cilantro (as garnish)
If the tuna you are using is packed in olive oil, pour most of it in a jar and save it in the fridge for your next tuna salad. If it is packed in water discard the water.
In a medium bowl mix together coconut yogurt, tuna and the juice of half a lemon. Stir until smooth.
Finely mince onion and chop apples into small pieces. Add them to the tuna mix and stir. Depending on how many apple pieces you would like in your dip, either add 1/4 or 1/2 an apple. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
Finish up by chopping parsley or cilantro or both and sprinkle it on top as garnish.
Enjoy with sliced celery, carrot and cucumber or your favorite crackers.
- A quality coconut yogurt should only consist of probiotics and coconut. So watch out for added thickeners and sugar and opt for the best brand available.
- When getting wild caught fish the problematic of overfishing and by-catch is important to consider. For more information take a look at the seafood watch for the most sustainable sources. Albacore tuna, caught by hand-operated pole and lines, is one of the best options at the moment. But again check the app to monitor changes and check for your region.