What is better than watermelon on a hot summer day? If you love this amazing summer fruit as much as I do, you are going to have to try this watermelon lemonade. The fruity but also refreshing flavor will make you want to drink this all day long. It is so easy to make and you only need 4 ingredients. No added sugar is necessary, the fruit has plenty of sweetness to offer.
How to make watermelon lemonade:
- Cut the watermelon in slices and cut or scoop out the flesh. Remove the seeds and place the flesh in a high speed blender.
- Cut the lemons in half. With a knife remove the peel of the lemons, remove any seeds and place them in the blender.
- Place the ice cubes in the blender and mix until smooth.
- Taste and add more ice or lime to your liking.
- Wash mint leaves and place them in one hand. Smack with the other hand to get more mint flavor before adding them to the lemonade. You could also cut the leaves in half and then place them into the lemonade. Pour into glasses or store in the fridge.
That’s it, easy right? You could also add the mint leaves into the blender and mix them in to add extra freshness. The color of the lemonade will change though, therefore I chose to add it in later.
This is the perfect drink to take with you to the beach. Fill it in your reusable bottle. My favorite one is from swell. It will keep it cool for the whole day.
It also great for summer BBQ’s or parties. The beautiful pink color will look stunning and add some decoration to the table.