This delicious herb-roasted chicken is very easy to make. Rosemary, thyme, sage, garlic, and lemon give this dish amazing flavors. It is gluten free, dairy free, Paleo, and AIP. This recipe is a sneak peek of my holiday cookbook “ENJOY – healthy festive meals for you and your loved ones”.
This herb-roasted chicken recipe is super delicious and very easy to make. You don’t need any fancy cooking skills for a great outcome. I love how versatile it is, perfect Sunday roast, holiday dinners, and your weekly food prep. This recipe works great for a smaller Thanksgiving dinner. If you find that a turkey is too big, try this recipe. It goes together really well with my grain-free stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce, and roasted sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts. I made this herb-roasted chicken recipe in a way that it is easy to add a side dish in the oven at the same time. Therefore, the chicken is baking on the lowest rack in the oven for most of the time.
How to Make this Roasted Chicken
- Simply stuff the chicken with onions garlic, lemon and rub the herb sauce all over it.
- Bake in the oven until it is done, about 1.5 hours, and baste every 15 – 20 minutes. If you would like to make it extra crispy you can broil it for the last 10 minutes until it has the desired crispiness.
- In order to avoid food-borne illnesses, when cooking poultry, it is very important to make sure the meat is cooked through. Cooking time will vary depending on how big your chicken is and what kind of oven you have. The best and easiest way to find out if your chicken is done is by inserting a meat thermometer into the chicken breast. Make sure it doesn’t touch the bone. The temperature should read 165 Degree Fahrenheit (75 degrees Celsius). If you don’t have a thermometer cut into the meat and observe the meat and juices. The meat should be white and firm, the juices should be clear, not pink.
How to Use This Recipe to Make Gravy
The best part about making this chicken is using the delicious juices that come out of the meat during the roasting process. Try my mom’s gravy recipe to take advantage of this gem. Simply add the veggies, that you will need to roast for the gravy, to the casserole. (see the picture above)
More Special Occasion Recipes
- Rosemary Crusted Lamb Chop Holiday Meal (AIP)
- Molasses-Glazed Ribs (AIP)
- Turmeric Marinated Salmon (AIP)
- Butternut Squash Sweet Potato Soup (AIP)
- Delicious Apple Crisp (AIP)
Now I would love to hear from you. Try the recipe and let me know what you think in the comment section below. And as always don’t forget to tag me in your food pictures on Instagram.